School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Energy Systems Innovation Center
Washington State University
EME 35 - 355 Spokane Street
Pullman, WA 99164-2752
- Tel: +1 (509) 335-6249
- Google: +1 (202) 505-ALEE
- Fax: +1 (509) 335-3818
- Website: http://eecs.wsu.edu/~mehrizi
- Instagram: | https://www.instagram.com/mehrizi
For my up-to-date schedule, please check my .
- Assistant Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Washington State University, Pullman, WA (Jan. 2012 to Present).
- Visiting Professor, Electric Drives and Machines Institute, Technische Universität Graz (TU Graz), Graz, Austria (Nov. 2014 and Jan. 2016).
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON (2011).
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB (2007).
Best Thesis Award Work incorporated in PSCAD X4
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2005).
- B.Sc. in Petroleum Engineering, Sharif University of Technology and Petroleum University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (2005).
- Integration of renewable energy resources in the power system;
- Power electronics interfaces for distributed generation;
- Control and management of microgrids and smart grid;
- Power system applications of power electronics.
Faculty members get a huge number of emails. At the same time, they always look for good students. It easily gets very time-consuming to filter through the emails to select the better students.
One sign of a good, motivated, committed student is to pay attention to details and follow instructions.Below are the "instructions" for your initial email AFTER YOU APPLY TO WSU and MENTION MY NAME IN YOUR APPLICATION. Following these instructions is very easy, but it saves both of us the time otherwise wasted in back and forth asking for more information. I will also know that your email is not simply a mass email sent to all professors and that you have genuine interest in joining my research group. Please strictly follow the format below for your email. You can certainly add other narrative information to your email (and I encourage you to do so). Remember your narrative information won't be a substitute for the bullet-form information asked below.
- Subject: Please use "Admission to WSU (PhD)" or "Admission to WSU (MSc)."
- Body: In the body of the email, in bullet form include the following information, each bullet on a new line:
- Degree you seek admission for
- Research interest
- Current degree, university, country, GPA (do not convert GPA)
- Previous degree (if any), university, country, GPA
- TOEFL or IELTS score
- GRE score
- Number of (i) submitted, (ii) accepted IEEE/IET journal papers
- Number of (i) submitted, (ii) accepted conference papers
- Already applied to WSU? (you need to apply to WSU first)
- Need financial support?
- Files attached?
- Attachments: Please attach your CV and ALL transcripts. Send only PDF files; no JPG, no ZIP, no RAR, no Word, and no LaTeX files. There are lots of free PDF converters. Please make sure all file names include your name.
Since admission is competitive, I can't tell you (and I can't know) what your chances are for acceptance in our program before the files of all applicants are received and considered. A similar statement goes for funding in the form of research assistantship.
Please see my CV (linked on top of the page) for my teaching, awards, service activities, talks, and publications.