I am part of the research faculty in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Washington State University. I work in the CASAS and SERC groups at WSU working on a variety of research and software projects. My primary interests are in activity detection and forecasting in smart environments.
- Forecasting activities
- Smart environments
- Smartphone activity learning
- Reminder prompting
- User interfaces
- Bryan D. Minor, Janardhan Rao Doppa, and Diane J. Cook. Learning Activity Predictors from Sensor Data: Algorithms, Evaluation, and Applications. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge & Data Engineering. Vol. 29(12). pp. 2744-2757. Dec. 2017.
- Bryan Minor and Diane J. Cook. Forecasting occurrences of activities. Pervasive and Mobile Computing. Vol. 38(1). pp. 77-91. July 2017.
- Bryan Minor, Janardhan Rao Doppa, and Diane J. Cook. Data-Driven Activity Prediction: Algorithms, Evaluation Methodology, and Applications. In Proceedings of the 2015 ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. August 2015.
- Bryan Minor. Prediction of inhabitant activities in smart environments. PhD Dissertation. August 2015.
- Bryan Minor and Diane J. Cook. Regression tree classification for activity prediction in smart homes. In Proceedings of the 2014 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing: Adjunct Publication (UbiComp '14 Adjunct). Seattle, WA, 441-450, 2014.
- S. Szewcyzk, K. Dwan, B. Minor, B. Swedlove, and D. Cook. Annotating smart environment sensor data for activity learning. Technology and Health Care, special issue on Smart Environments: Technology to support health care. Vol. 17. 161-169, 2009.