Home | Teaching |
Research | Services | Students | Publications | Talks | Biography/CV
Systems, Graph Data Analysis, Data quality
in Cyber Power Systems, Network Science, and Smart Environment
Our work on Ontology-based Entity Matching in Attributed Graphs is accepted by VLDB 2019.
- 2019.5 Peng Lin will start summer intern at Amazon.
Our work on attribute-driven backbone discovery is accepted by KDD 2019.
- 2019.4 Mohammad Namaki has received the 2019 WSU EECS Best Graduate Student Researcher Award. Congrats, Mohammad!
- 2019.4 Qi Song receives NSF SIGMOD student travel award. Congrats!
- 2019.3 Qi Song will start summer internship at Amazon.
- 2019.3 We will demonstrate our example-driven graph exploration tool "NAVIGATE" at
SIGMOD 2019 （Demo）.
Our work on "Answering Why-questions by Exemplars in Attributed Graphs"
is accepted by SIGMOD 2019.
- 2019.3 Qi Song receives NSF ICDE student traval grant. Congrats!
- 2019.2 Mohammad Namaki receives summer intern at Microsoft.
Our work on "Answering Why-Questions for Subgraph Queries in Multi-Attributed Graphs" is accepted by ICDE 2019.
Our research "Finding Densest Lasting Subgraphs in Dynamic Graphs: a Stochastic Approach" is accepted by ICDE 2019.
Our research on Big Data approach
for Accurate Water Stress Detection and Precision Irrigation has been funded by NSF/USDA
Our work on "learning to rank nodes" in
collaboration with NEC Lab is accepted by CIKM 2018.
Our collaborative research with WSU Energy Systems Innovation Center has been funded by
Two papers accepted by DASFAA 2018.
Our work on Cost-aware Graph Exploration is
accepted by APWeb/WAIM
& SIGMOD 2018
Our collaborative research with PNNL
on distributed graph mining is accepted by WSDM 2018.
awarded SIGIR Student
Travel Grant for CIKM conference.
Association Rules" is
accepted by CIKM 17.
Our demo "GRAPE:
Parallelizing Sequential Graph Computations" wins
Best Demo award.
- 2017.5 Mohammad
is awarded SIGMOD 2017 Student Travel Award.
paper "Performance Prediction for Graph Queries" is accepted by Network Data Analytics (NDA)
with SIGMOD 17.
- 2017.1 Our
paper "Learning to Speed Up Query Planning in Graph Databases" is
accepted by ICAPS 17.
- 2017.1 Our
paper "BEAMS: Bounded Event Detection over Graph Streams" is
accepted by ICDE 17
New online course "Advanced
580-06) to be offered in Spring 2017!
- 2016.11 Qi Song
is awarded IEEE ICDM 2016 Student Travel Award.
paper "Parallelizing Sequential Graph Computations" is accepted by SIGMOD 17
- 2016.9 Our
paper "Mining Summaries for Knowledge Graph Search" is accepted by ICDM 16.
research proposal got funded by NSF
- 2016.9 Congrats
to Qi Song for
selected with full travel support to NSF Graduate Data
Science Workshop, Seattle, 2016.
Welcome our new students Keyvan
I will teach "Big
Data" (CPT_S 415, Tu/Th
Sloan 163) in Fall 2016.
paper "Functional Dependencies for Graphs" is accepted by SIGMOD 16.
- 2015.12 Our
paper "Fast Top-K Search in Knowledge Graphs" is accepted by ICDE 16.
I will teach a new course "Advanced
Databases" (CPT_S 580-06, Tu/Th 9:15-10:30)
in Spring 2016.
- 2015.11 Our
paper "Adding Counting Quantifiers to Graph Patterns" is accepted by SIGMOD 16.
Welcome our new students Namaki
research proposal on Parameterized Graph Search got funded by Google Faculty Research Award.
to Qi Song
and Jin Tao
for being selected with full travel support to NSF Graduate Data
Science Workshop, Seattle!
to Qi Song
for winning a full travel grant for EDBT summer school, Barcelona Spain!
- Association and causality Analysis in Big Graphs (NSF BIGDATA)
- Distributed Data Analytics: theory, algorithms and systems
- Parallelizing Sequential Graph Computation [SIGMOD 17] (best
- Parallel Scalable Graph Queries [VLDB
- Distributed Path Querying with Performance Guarantees
- Improving Usability of Big Data (DOE UI-ASSIST, USDA-NIFA)
- Provenance-aware query processing [ICDE 19] (Siemens/DOE)
- Transformation-based Knowledge search (ARL)
- Knowledge Summarization and Query Suggestion (Google)
- Keyword based Summarization [VLDB
- Multidisciplinary Data Analytics
- Dynamic Knowledge Base for Cyber-Power System Resiliency and Event Analysis (DOE/Siemens)
- Big Data Appraoch for Smart Irrigation (NSF/USDA-NIFA)
- Resource-aware Computing:
novel computational schemes that (automatically) trade resource with
- Resource-bounded Graph Pattern Matching [SIGMOD
- Answering Graph Query Using Views [ICDE
14] (best paper
Acknowledgement & Collaboration
processing in Big
- Query-preserving Compression [SIGMOD
- Incremental Graph Querying [SIGMOD
- GPM: Computationally Efficient Graph Search
Analytics and Recommendation