Artificial Intelligence (CptS 440/540)
Time and Location:
Tuesdays/Thursdays 9:10-10:25am, online.
This course is an introduction to the field of artificial intelligence including search, knowledge representation, reasoning, uncertainty, learning, and perception. At the end of the course, students should: (1) Understand the major areas and challenges of AI, (2) Apply basic AI algorithms to solve problems, and (3) Understand the ethical issues in AI. (3 credits)
Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig, Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall, 2020.
Advanced Data Structures (CptS 223 or 233).
Homeworks (50%), Exam 1 (15%), Exam 2 (15%), Final Exam (20%).
- Wumpus World Simulator in C++ and Python
- Google C++ Style Guide
- Style Guide for Python Code
- Blackboard Learn
- Wumpus World App Downloads
Other AI Resources
- Udacity Online AI Course
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Artificial Intelligence Journal
AI in the News
- September 2020: Brook Hays, Robot beats humans at curling thanks to deep learning program, UPI.
- August 2020: Commander Colin Price, Navy F/A-18 Squadron Commander's Take On AI Repeatedly Beating Real Pilot In Dogfight, The Drive.